Friday, June 15, 2012

There is officially one day until I leave for Russia... and by one day I mean roughly 12 hours. I'm refusing to go into my room where my suitcase lives because I'm intimidated by it which totally makes sense... so you get a blog post! In case you're as confused about what I'm doing in Russia as most people seem to be let me clarify for you.

Unlike most CCS programs (which you can look at here: www.crossculturalsolutions.org), this one has all of the volunteers travel as a group and work in a new placement each day. This will allow me to work in facilities such as orphanages, psychiatric hospitals, schools, women's centers, geriatric facilities... everywhere really doing projects from helping to fix up the facilities to arts and crafts projects (the Russian government believes that art can be extremely therapeutic and encourages volunteers to incorporate that into their work). SO I'll be doing a little bit of everything. I know, difficult to describe when you talk about your crazy friend who went to Russia to volunteer. I really should have thought about that inconvenience before I signed up. Sorry guys.

Ok, now it's time to face the suitcase monster and stop watching Gypsy Weddings and writing in a blog. Expect an update when I get there to let you know I've arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment